October 19, 2013

You do, don't you?... I don't... (Unit 1B)


 LET'S REVISE A BIT MORE on the different uses of AUXILIARY VERBS!

For echo questions, remember:
 Just 'echo' the statement with the appropriate auxiliary verb + a personal pronoun.

A: I've been to Seville.
B: Have you?
A: I can't drive.
B:Can't you?
A: I know him well.
B: Do you?
A: My sister is an architect...
B:Is she?
A:  My dog is so funny!
B: Is it?
A: David  loves birds.
B: Does he?
A: I should go now
B: Should you? Why?

How would you DISAGREE to these statements?

Example> 0. A: I don' like Chinese food. B: I do!
1.  My sister is quite tallB:_____
2. I would like to live somewhere else.  B:_____
3. I think he is not a good president B:_____
4. I have never seen that film before.  B:_____
5.  I have two carsB:_____
6. Rose passed her examB:_____
7. Mark and I are going on holiday soonB:_____
8. I can't speak French at all.  B:_____

  (Check answers in comment 1)
 

NOW...
 Click here , here and here  for further practice on agreeing/ disagreeing .
  Also WATCH this funny video.

Questions tags: >  HERE and HERE!




PLEASE, LEAVE A COMMENT...Will you?


14 comments:

  1. Answers to disagreeing...

    1 MINE ISN'T.
    2 I WOULD NOT.
    3 I DO
    4 I HAVE
    5 I DON'T
    6 I DIDN'T
    7 I AM NOT/ WE ARE NOT
    8 I CAN

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, After I've been doing the excersices this morning, I have a question about grammar.

    One of the sentences I haven't wrote well (as the computer said) is:

    Peter listens to music every day and so DOES his friends

    I don't understand why is used DOES instead of DO, Does Anybody know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10/16/2012

      Hi, José!

      I will try to give you an answer, but will probably be wrong...
      We use the third person singular because it refers to a collective singular.

      But I think it will be the best that Dulce gives the right answer to this question tomorrow afternoon...

      Miguel

      Delete
    2. hmmmm I don't know where that mistake is, but for sure it should be AND SO DO HIS FRIENDS...

      Thanks for the comments guys!!!

      D.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10/15/2012

    Hi!!

    Today I Can't go to class!!

    See you on Wednesday!!

    Arminda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10/15/2012


    Thanks a lot Dulce for the exercises.

    I had some problems with some of they, but I think that they are a good way of laying our learning down.

    Jose, neither do I. Dulce, could it be a mistake?

    Encarna Román

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10/16/2012

      Thanks a lot Dulce for the exercises.

      I had some problems with some of them, but I think that they are a good way of laying our learning down.

      Jose, neither do I. Dulce, could it be a mistake?

      Encarna Román

      Delete
    2. You are welcome!

      D.

      Delete
  5. Hi!
    I think this blog is very interesting and useful. For example I can hear a listening 10 times lol

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  6. At the end I could leave a comment in your blog. The exercises were interesting but I made some mistakes. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10/15/2012

    Hi!
    I made some mistakes. Sometimes this kind of exercises confused me.

    Thanks!!

    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10/15/2012

      Also this exercises are useful.

      Thank you!!

      Again,Lorena ;-)

      Delete
    2. These exercises are useful? GREAT!

      Delete
  8. Claudia10/27/2012

    I agree with Miguel, this tool is very useful to improve the listening because you can here it as many times as you need to understand it.

    ReplyDelete

Questions without Auxiliaries

Questions without auxiliary from torrepacheco