October 31, 2013

Clothes related idioms and other expressions



 At the end of unit 2A we looked at some idioms related to items of clothing.

Here you have two texts you can read and listen to, where most of those idioms are mentioned (and a few more).

What idiom would you relate this picture to? 

When in context, everything is much easier to be learnt!

Notice the American accent of the reader, and thus, some changes in the vocabulary, for example PANTS instead of TROUSERS...

CLICK!

Please, leave a comment, trying to use one of the idioms seen so far and aswering the question below the photo ;-)
.

Enjoy your weekend!

D.


7 comments:

  1. Carolina11/02/2012

    Dear teacher,
    thank you very much for this interesting post.

    I really must roll up my sleeves if I want to learn all these idioms!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's good to roll up one's sleeves sometimes, but remember you don't have to learn them all, just a few would do
      Thanks, Carol.

      Delete
  2. The post very interesting, we can listen and read it.
    I agree with Carolina.
    This picture suggests me two clothes idioms: Women always wear trousers; and Trousers fit her like a glove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Women always wear the trousers at home? Wel, I guess so, most so, that's for sure, and very well,
    Very good Pilar.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11/09/2012

    Thank you for this post. It is very interesting. There are many idioms!!

    "I have to say that when I talk in English many times I feel ants in my pants. Hope don't feel this very often!?". ;-)

    Thank you teacher.

    Lorena.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Braulio11/10/2012

    This post also has an interesting soundtrack to keep your shirt on when you are having an argument.

    I roll up my sleeves to pass advanced I.

    Thak you teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this post, really great, will continue to focus on it.

    ReplyDelete

Questions without Auxiliaries

Questions without auxiliary from torrepacheco